Wednesday, May 19, 2010

City of Dreams

As I am a literature student and I read almost all genres , I had a fancy to write prose. It is a direct way to converse with your readers and it is really a challenge to make it interesting . But now when I am writing prose I have no idea what kind of prose and style it is. I am just writing what ever my heart says I should write. Today I am feeling like writing something and I am so glad that I have my own space and I need not think before writing anything .

When a man wakes up from a nightmare he asks himself - Where I am? I am asking this question to myself - Answer? - I am lost in the City of Dreams. I can see vacant streets . I am sure many have walked on this road before me. But it is dark... I can see no footprints. Shall I walk in this city and find my destination or go back where there is light and people around me? Light --- Light --- Light--- ..... Why can't I light these dark streets? If I dont have a match stick why can't I wait for the Morning Glorious Light. Wait? --- How long will I have to wait?

We are such stuff as Dreams are made of and our little life is rounded with sleep.... (Shakespeare)
I wish we were dreams... I wish life was covered with sleep so that we could forget everything ... why the river of Oblivion; Lethe can be seen only after life? We need to forget things in this life only. But no, why we want to forget those dreams which we could not fulfil. Why! there is still life. There is still strengeth in my body. Warrior of Light never stops fighting with darkness. But I am not afraid of darkness , I am more afraid of loneliness. I can not see anyone in My City of Dreams... everyone is lost in his own City. Am I expecting much? At least they bear ... they hear my stupid  dreams , isn't that enough? And who threw me in the abyss of this Dark Dream City?... I myself came here ... it was my choice. Then why I seek a friend ? Why I seek a helping hand to build the castle of my Dreams? .... Brick by brick I will build my own Castle... all bricks which I collected till now... and if any storm will shake my castle or break my bricks I will give birth to more bricks... & more bricks... I will not stop dreaming and working... till either I am turned into a Big Castle of Dreams  or destroyed and spreaded like sand everywhere....

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...