Saturday, November 20, 2010

We are the Free Birds....

We are the Free Birds ... humming the tune since I came back from a superb youth program , Jashn - e - Jaipur , an annual event of PJI (Pravah Jaipur Initiative) . It was a nice song , we are the free birds... though we are not (most of the times) but tab bhi maanane ko dil karta hai that WE ARE .

Till yesterday night I was in fuss whether to go for event or no but then I decided I shall go. However I could only attend two hour's program and so I reached at 3 o'clock. Well at that time the event was on its peak.Everyone was enthusiastic and room was filled with the applause sounds , cheering and clapping sounds. A band was playing and it was amazing. But I was much impressed by another group which presented Rap with classical ie Fusion. In this fusion one moment came when I was transported into another world. This was inspiring as words started flowing in my mind for its appreciation. One side Rap poetry on other Classical raga - does it not remind of life? - parallels in life? - balance in life? - fast and slow - shallow and deep - or more properly , Material and Spiritual. When both together played at high pitch room filled with a strange positive feeling. It was some what mysterious also. And it was so powerful.  I think like me many people in that room could feel strong power of music.

Along with music , through poems , dance and plays participants touched many social issues for example , Blood donation , discrimination , rehabilitation and so on  . And thus the day was dedicated to Creativity , Oh! I mean Life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...