Saturday, January 14, 2012

when Love happens - MOD

When something really troubles me... something that can't be shaken off easily...something that doesn't have a name or shape... I either begin a new novel or watch a movie. I misplaced the novel I had been reading these days so I decided to watch this movie. Mod. I watched it simply because I knew it would be dead slow and thus I would be able to do my work simultaneously.
A movie can please me - 1.) If it has a sensible story. 2.) A good actor 3.) Witty or thought provoking dialogues 4.) Good cinematography or Setting. 5.) Non-linear, creative, innovative narrative.
First let me give an example of each among the movies I have seen - 1.) The Reader
2.) Rockstar 3.) Lajja  4.) Guzarish 5.) Amilie

I didn't think for ages to give examples because I suppose those which I have stated can make my point clear. Mod had a lovely setting of a hill station. The natural background adds charm n beauty to the natural acting of Ayesha. Ayesha Takia had really come out as wonderful in Mod as she had in Dor. I just love her. She has a romantic air about her, something that makes her apart from others.
Unlike Dor, Mod may not bring tear to your eyes. It may not touch you deep but it nevertheless evoke the sense of wonder and beauty. All natural things do. :) and yeah Dont forget to take a look at the caption of the movie title... :)

4 comments:

  1. Indeed life takes a turn, your reviews initiated an urge to watch this drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Bollywood, only couple of movies are worth watching. Last year, Rockstar was one of them.I really like offbeats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nagesh Kuknoor is a wonderful filmmaker His few master strokes are Hyderabad Blues, Rockford, Bollywood Calling and 3 Deewarein

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nuktaa - I haven't watched any of them M moron huh ! Anyway, its neva to late :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...